Sunday, January 18, 2015

You CAN have your cake but you CAN'T eat it too!



I no longer have perfect skin. Rosacea is commonly associated with fibromyalgia. Rosacea is a  skin condition that causes redness in your face and often produces small, red, pus-filled bumps.

I no longer have a full set of hair. Autoimmune disorders are commonly associated with Fibromyalgia, mine happens to be Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism. Hashimoto's is an autoimmune disorder in which the immune system attacks the thyroid. One of many symptoms is hair loss or alopecia. 

I no longer enjoy a full nights sleep. Insomnia is commonly associated with Fibromyalgia. Sleep problems with fibromyalgia include insomnia or difficulty falling asleep as well as frequent awakenings that you can't remember the next day. 

I no longer have unlimited amounts of energy. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is commonly associated with fibromyalgia. People with fibromyalgia wake up feeling exhausted with little to no energy due to the sleep disturbances caused by the insomnia.  Life with fibromyalgia is a domino effect. 

I no longer have a photographic memory. Fibro Fog and cognitive impairment are symptoms of Fibromyalgia.  Fibro Fog consists of confusion, memory lapses, difficulty concentrating, mixing up of words and numbers. 

Fibromyalgia took my perfect skin, hair, sleep, energy and photographic memory but it CANNOT take the principle of my life and existence-My Soul! 

Sharing is Caring!

No comments:

Post a Comment